Friday, November 2, 2007

Check-up and Halloween


Monday, we all got to go to my check-up as a family to see how the baby is growing. The girls had so much fun with the little twisty stool while we waited in the room! They took turns spinning each other around and then gave their dolls turns. Their dolls would fly off when they'd spin the stool fast, which they thought was so funny. When we listened to the baby's heart, Margie (my midwife) asked the girls if it sounded like a horse galloping. McKinley laughed and said there isn't a horse in there, but Sage looked so confused!

Roy had to go to work from there, but the girls and I stopped by my parent's house to let them trick-or-treat at Gramma Lydia's and Grampa Warren's. Sage hated having her hood up and kept trying to take her costume off.

The girls ended up wearing completely different costumes for Halloween. McKinley ended up being some kind of princess and Sage was a ladybug. We got together with my friend Maaike, whose husband was out of town, to trick-or-treat at a nearby high school. Her girls are about the same age as ours and have fun playing together a lot. For those of you who have heard McKinley talk about her friend "big Sage", this is her.
We did have a trunk-or-treat that we went to briefly, which Grandma Jeanne came to, all dressed up as a clown, and passed out candy while we went around. It was very nice of her to come and I wish I'd remembered to take a picture of her with the kids.
McKinley and Sage loved passing out the candy and pencils when the kids came to the door. Roy dressed up in the mask we got in Italy. His favorite thing was scaring the bigger kids that came trick-or-treating. Some of the kids thought he was just a prop sitting by the door. Then when they would turn to leave, he would move toward them to see what a big scream he could get. I have to say he scared some of the kids pretty good!


4 comments:

Kris said...

Love the pictures! I'm sure Roy scared his fair share of kids - he would've scared me...( : Tell the girls they looked ADORABLE & I love them.

Amanda said...

Oh My heck! long time no see! I was not evan sure who was comenting on my blog until I saw yours. How are you? Your girls are Childre are adorable. Good to know your here so we can catch up.

virginiaoak said...

I think the question on everybody's mind is what are you going to name your pony? ;) Loved the girls costumes. Roy looked great. Where was your costume? Tell the girls they looked SUPER ADORABLE and I love them most. ;)

Becky said...

So Cute - I love the pic of the the girls on the stairs. Then Sage eating ashes - Hilarious! :)