Friday, November 9, 2007

What a difference a day makes

It's so funny to me how monumental birthdays are when kids are young. I forgot to mention this in my last post, so since this is kind of my journal, I thought I'd better add this little story before I forget. The night before Sage's birthday, I asked the girls whose birthday would be tomorrow. Sage said, "me" enthusiastically and McKinley spoke excitedly about how Sage would be 2 and would be able to say more words. I tried to explain that things like that don't change over night and it would still take time for Sage to talk really well. The next morning, Sage woke up to the sound of the garbage truck and ran out of her room, pointing toward the front of the house yelling "truck"! The girls love seeing the garbage truck. Anyway, McKinley started asking her to say all kinds of words. She would say, "Can you say baby doll?" or any number of other words, and would praise Sage when she repeated what she had said. It was so cute! Sage was so proud of herself too.

1 comment:

Becky said...

How precious. That is so cute. I can't help but see my girls in the stories that you tell. Sage reminds me very much of Rissie. She won't be two until July so there are several months between them, but it's fun to see so many similarities.