Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sunday Family Fun


Sunday was a fun-filled family day. The girls often like to match, so we usually have their colors coordinated on Sunday if we can. This time, they even had matching hair. :)

When I was getting the girls ready, McKinley asked me if she would get to go up and sing in church. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by that question! I think that Primary Program last week was a big turning point for her. She even got excited about being asked to say the prayer in Primary next week -- something she would've dreaded a week ago.

Since Roy doesn't get home from work until after 10:00 most nights during the week, we try to make good use of our weekends as a family. We got together with some friends of ours (the Jarvis family) to carve pumpkins. McKinley really got into it! She helped hollow hers out and even carved some of the hair all by herself! She stuck to it for about an hour or so before she finally decided to go play with the other kids. I helped Sage with hers. She was more interested in looking at the final project than she was in the actual process.
Roy carved the pirate with an earring. When Sage looked at it all lit up, she said, "E-E", which translated means monkey. We laughed so hard. Roy thinks it must be that the earring looks like an ear. While I agree with that, I also think that the wide grin with the exposed teeth play a part. It was funny at any rate.



Roy took the kids to bed as wheelbarrows. Both of them loved it and did very well. I was impressed by their arm strength.








6 comments:

Kris said...

Those are great pumpkins! Sounds like a fun night for everyone. Love you!

Nikki said...

Hey Angela!! I caught your blog off of Nikkala's! Are you in the Treasure Valley? Is that the rumor I heard? You'll have to let me know. Your girls are so cute, I'm glad you have a blog!!!

emalina49a said...

Angela...looks like a great blog...I saw a comment you left on Nikkala's blog. Mine is http://emalina49a.blogspot.com and I have links to Stacy's and Shannons if you haven't seen them!

Darling kids!

Becky said...

What CUTE CUTE girls. That is so fun. Mckinley looks like a blonde you. You all look so happy! You're hair is cute that length and Roy looks like a fun dad. Hope you guys are doing as well as you look!

virginiaoak said...

Great punkins! Did you take a turn with the wheel barrow race? I bet you'd be awesome. But not as awesome as I was in third grade. (wink, wink) Loves.

Mrrudaltoyou said...

WOW. i'm so far out of the loop. i love having the ability to see some of the stages in your lives. thanks guys.

love ya,
Russell and Tammy Porter