Thursday, October 25, 2007

Grateful


I had the unfortunate opportunity to attend the funeral of a four-month-old baby in my ward today. As sad as it was, it was very uplifting spiritually. It was also a good reminder of how lucky I am to have such beautiful, healthy children -- including the one I'm carrying now. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is such a blessing in our lives! I can't imagine what one would do in a situation like my friend's, if they didn't have the comforting knowledge of an eternal family.



On a much lighter note . . . McKinley participated in the Primary Program in church on Sunday for the very first time. She has been too scared to go up with the other kids all of the other times the Primary has sung and frankly didn't want to go still. We bribed her with a promised family activity wherever she wanted to go, but it wasn't enough. We got one of her friends to come and get her, hoping she would go willingly if she had her closest friend to go up with her. That helped some, but even then, she had to be handed off to her teacher (by her dad).

Once she was there, she did a great job. She held up a picture of the D.C. temple for her part, which had special meaning for me since that was the temple picture my parents gave me when I turned 8 and also my temple on my mission. She sang all the songs and did such a good job! Sage was busy moving around between Roy and me, but would occasionally stop and find McKinley, point her out, and wave enthusiastically with a big smile on her face. We were all so proud of McKinley for this great accomplishment -- especially knowing how hard it was for her to be in front of so many people! I have to admit it made me a bit teary . . . maybe it's because I'm pregnant. :)


Sage has been talking a lot lately. She still signs quite a bit, but her signs are usually accompanied by words now. She and McKinley are the best of friends and are often seen with their arms around each other, reading books together, or playing with their baby dolls. They are so cute together! This is a picture of them with their little cousin, Jackson (Roy's brother Richard's baby for those of you who don't know Jack). I can hardly wait to see how they'll be with their little brother. I'm sure they'll want to help a lot if they aren't too jealous of the time he takes away from them at the beginning. I'm sure they'll be great big sisters! :)

3 comments:

Karisa said...

Angela,
I too feel so grateful for the gospel and my children. Thanks for starting a blog.

Kris said...

Love that you're finally posting Ang! I wish I could've been there to see McKinley in her first primary program - I'm sure she was adorable. Give her a big kiss for me & tell her I'm proud of her. Cute pictures, Sage is getting big & her hair is getting so long. ( : Love you!

virginiaoak said...

So sweet. Love you Annie. The girls look darling. Give McKinley a bigger kiss than Aunt Kris' and tell her I'm more proud of her. ;) I too wish I could've been there. You're doin great on your blog. Keep postin'!!