Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cute McKinley Stories

McKinley and Sage say and do cute things all the time. Unfortunately, I haven't been the best at recording them. There were a few days in February that I wrote down some cute things that McKinley said to or about River. These stories are kind of old now, but I wanted to record these before they get lost. I wrote on the back of a pad of construction paper that was handy at the time.

2/6/08
McKinley was holding River in her lap on the floor, singing a made-up tune:
I love your legs cuz they kick, kick, kick.
I love your arms cuz they move up and down.
I love your (?) cuz they don't do anything.

I love your ears cuz they hear.
I love your eyes cuz they see.
I love your teeth -- you don't have any teeth.
I love your whole body cuz it can rock.
Cuz everything can matter -- like dancing!
I love you!

2/9/08
McKinley to River: "So . . . What are we going to do together -- just you and me? Play a game?

2/11/08
McKinley picked River up when he started crying and I was in the middle of trying to make dinner or something in the kitchen.
Me: "Thank you for calming River down."
McKinley: "No problem. It's just a little stand up and rockin. I could do this all the time when he cries . . .(a few seconds later) . . . That's enough holding for now." (River is pretty heavy)

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Kids are so cute! i am glad you are back to blogging again!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I laughed when I read "theme roller" because I partially remember but you are going to have to fill me in on the details. It is so great to be able to keep in touch with you again. Aren't blogs amazing! Your family is beautiful and those stories are classic, definitely have to write those things down. So e-mail me your life story since I last saw you so I can catch up.

baybejae@mail.com

Becky said...

SOO Cute. I LOVE to hear the things little kids say.

Erin Jacobs said...

I can't believe how grown up she is getting! In my head she is still the little giggly baby we all loved to have visit! Where does the time go???