Friday, January 25, 2008

Sam, You Made The Pants Too Long!


Roy's sister and brother-in-law (Trina and Gary) sent Roy a birthday present that came in the mail on Wednesday. They had wrapped the present in a pair of Gary's old jeans. McKinley tried them on and wore them around the house for a little while. We thought they looked just a little too big, but she thought they fit just right. ;)
The title of this post actually refers to a story from my teenage years. My sisters will surely know what I'm referring to, but for the rest of you I'll briefly explain.
Anyone who knows my mom well, knows she has an endless repertoire of songs in her mind. There is truly one for EVERY occasion. One might even question if she made several of them up on the spot because there's just no way there would actually be a song about THAT! (Whatever "that" was at the time).
When two of my sisters and I (or it might have just been my younger sister and I) were getting ready to go to Girl's Camp one year, my mom pulled out a bunch of old jeans that we wouldn't care about if something happened to them. Sarah tried on a pair that was so long, they extended quite a bit past her feet. My mom broke out singing "You made the coat and vest fit the best. You made the lining nice and strong; but SAM, you made the pants too long . . . " We were rolling on the floor we were laughing so hard! We have since learned all the words and could sing along with her. She sure was a fun mom to have around and still is! The songs and dances will hopefully never end!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Cute pics of McKinley.

virginiaoak said...

thanks for the memories. Oh...that's a song too. ;) Those pants fit McKinley like a dream. Love you.