Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wow! It's Been Forever!

I have been neglecting my blog for so long that everything has changed. Our family picture was taken in the hospital less than 24 hours after having River. Now we're going to have another boy in about 2 months. I guess it's time for some updates.

Roy has gone full time in his private practice and is the best MFT and Play Therapist around if you ask me. ;) He's currently serving as the Treasurer for the ID Association for MFTs and is one of 2 reps from our state at a training conference in Washington DC. He's having a great time there and learning some valuable things to help his pracice as well as the association.

McKinley is a great reader! She's one of the youngest in her 1st grade class (since she doesn't turn 7 until July), but she's the fastest reader. She loves to read and is disappointed several nights to have to interrupt a chapter book to go to bed. She loves riding her bike and rollerblading and loves to be with her younger siblings. She'll be a big help I'm sure when we have our baby.

Sage, age 4, is starting to read as well and loves preschool. She is quite the independent girl -- hardly ever letting me do her hair or help with anything. She loves to surprise family members by making their beds, cleaning a floor, or putting laundry away. She's a real sweetheart and wants to be just like her big sister. Anything McKinley does, Sage does too for the most part. They love to be together . . . I hope that continues. She also loves to dance and is very graceful; we need to get her into a class.

River, 2, is growing in his independence as well. He no longer wants my help in getting dressed in the morning, but wants to be with me and help me a lot still. Yesterday, when I asked who his best friend is (expecting him to say Jake), he said, "Mommy". He loves cars, trains, and sports. He often throws things to make a basket -- toys into their bins, food or washcloths in the sink, clothes into the washer or dryer, etc. -- and says, "Nice throw." He has a fun personality.

The night before St. Patrick's Day, McKinley was choosing her clothes for the holiday and was explaining the rules of the day to Sage (you have to wear green or you get pinched and if you wear red, you get kissed). McKinley was not content wearing a shirt with green on it, but wanted it to be all green. Sage on the other hand wanted to wear no green and wear red because she wanted to be "pinched and kissed". Boy are we in trouble!

I love being a mom! It's always something new . . . except of course the laundry, dishes, and other chores that I can never seem to get caught up with. Life on the whole is good.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good to see you on the blog. YAEY! I didn't know about red and kissing. Glad my boys didn't know about it either. Take a look at Suzanneinboise.blogspot.com when you have a chance. We'd love to share our family with you too.

Kris said...

So glad to see you back in the blogging world! I'm loving it! Glad you got the Sage story in there...that's one you don't want to forget. I shared that story with the Woolley's on St. Patty's day - they loved it. ( : Hope all is well. Love you.

Erin Jacobs said...

Glad to see you blogging again!! Can't wait to see new pics of the kids! Congrats on the new little ones!